[HaikuPorts-devs] LibreOffice dependencies

Kacper Kasper kacperkasper at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 18:17:13 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am working on LibreOffice port for Haiku. I already asked on
LibreOffice ML whether The Document Foundation is willing to accept
our patches and they didn't have any objections [1]. Actually they
strongly encouraged to send patches upstream early in the development.

Right now most of modules compile but nothing runs yet, probably due
to not all of them being built. In order to make full LO build some
libraries need to be ported. I can handle porting most of them but
there are a few I am stuck on: at this moment nspr and nss. I uploaded
initial recipes to haikuports recently, if anyone feels up to
finishing the port (or just giving some guidance), that'd be great. I
know asking for ports is not welcome here but on the other hand I
can't do everything by myself.

I am also thinking about creating a ticket on haikuports bugtracker so
following the progress will be easier and it will be clear how much
work is there left to do.
Which approach do you think is better:
a) one ticket with all dependencies listed, updated when ports are completed,
b) one hub ticket with links to tickets for each library that needs porting?

Regards,
Kacper

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/libreoffice@lists.freedesktop.org/msg98146.html