[HaikuPorts-devs] Go language port again.

Bruno Albuquerque bga at bug-br.org.br
Mon Mar 3 04:20:24 PST 2014

I added a port of the Go programming language (http://golang.org) to the
ideas list for GSoC and, due to that, I decided to prepare things to make
it easier for a student to pick the task and, to do this, I set up a
repository with Go 1.2.1 source and then went ahead and got it compiling up
to when it starts compiling the runtime package:

~/go-1-2-haiku/src> ./all.bash
# Building C bootstrap tool.
cmd/dist

# Building compilers and Go bootstrap tool for host, haiku/386.
lib9
libbio
libmach
misc/pprof
cmd/addr2line
cmd/nm
cmd/objdump
cmd/pack
cmd/prof
cmd/cc
cmd/gc
cmd/8l
cmd/8a
cmd/8c
cmd/8g
pkg/runtime
go tool dist: open
/boot/home/go-1-2-haiku/src/pkg/runtime/defs_haiku_386.h: No such file or
directory

Arguably this was the easy part. :)

There is more code that I will commit soon that gets it further, but I
would like to take a look at it and even help with the porting process.

For reference, there was a recent Solaris port made and these are the CLs
for it (they can be used at least as a reference for the Haiku port):

https://codereview.appspot.com/35900045
35900045 cmd/dist, go/build: add support for GOOS=solaris

https://codereview.appspot.com/35980043
35980043 cmd/ld, cmd/{6,8}l, lib9, libmach: add support for GOOS=solaris

https://codereview.appspot.com/35990043
35990043 runtime: add support for GOOS=solaris

https://codereview.appspot.com/36000043
36000043 syscall: add support for GOOS=solaris

https://codereview.appspot.com/36010043
36010043 syscall: generate zfiles for GOOS=solaris

https://codereview.appspot.com/36020043
36020043 os, os/exec: add support for GOOS=solaris

https://codereview.appspot.com/36030043
36030043 net: add support for GOOS=solaris

https://codereview.appspot.com/36040043
36040043 all: add solaris build tags

Note that the changes currently in the repository represent everything done
in the first CL above ples some other Haiku specific things.

If you are interested in helping, please let me know.

--
http://plus.google.com/+BrunoAlbuquerque